Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hello!
Sorry I haven't posted in a few days...
I've been busy getting together some orders to send out...
and shopping for some good finds!
I picked up this vintage children's book cover at a local thrift shop.
I loved it when I saw it...titled "Once Upon a Time Stories".
The cover is lovingly worn - and filled with
suns and mushrooms and castles and birds...
I cut it down in size and sanded the edges and corners.
I remade it into a coptic bound journal filled with drawing paper -
and finished it off with one of the vintage buttons I found in an antique
shop over the holidays.
I'm really excited about finding older covers and books that have
had a good life - and remaking them into journals!
Here's a smaller one I made with covers from
the Modern Reference Library Encyclopedia.
I found this little green wooden button for the cover.



I hope to be working on some new ideas for leather bound books.
I've just finished cutting and folding lots of paper -
I'll post the new books soon!

1 comment:

lori vliegen said...

oooh, i can see why you feel in love with this book cover...it's so sweet! and, of course, i'm loving your vintage buttons! your books look fabulous! :)