Sunday, January 17, 2010

SMILE!
Today was such a gloomy day outside....
I thought I'd post this funny picture taken from the
streets of Venice!
This was a bakery and I spotted these smiling
round faces in the window.
I don't know why - but, they just bring a smile to my face!
Book #16:
Upcycled Plum Vinyl
This vinyl was once a coat - rescued from the local thrift shop.
Now a new little journal -
I found this neat little orange button at the Porte de Vanves flea market in Paris.
Book #17:
Venice Upcycled Coptic Bound Journal
These bookboards were upcycled from a local thrift shop
from an older book that had seen its better days.
I hand sanded the sides and rounded the corners -
bound it with a coptic stitch.
I also sewed in this metal frame onto the cover...
and inside is a wonderful little map of Venice that I found
during a visit to that same flea market.
(Although, I found it on a different visit - I made many trips to
that market and I have lots of material yet to use!)






No comments: