Thursday, April 28, 2011

Finally, I'm back to the blog after many, many months away!

I will be posting many new books and ideas soon...

PLEASE stay tuned!

I did want to list this new journal I've just finished.

The leather has been rescued from the Puces de Vanves market in Paris.

It was sitting on the ground as we were leaving and we spotted it - thread all torn and one side completely ripped away - perfect for a journal!

I've sewn the paper onto three leather cords - the top and botton cord then weave through the cover and tie the book closed at the front.

The buckles were removed - leaving wonderfully worn - slightly lighter square marks on the journal.

The middle leather cord exits the spine at the original slit marks from the buckle - then have been carefully sewn onto the cover with linen thread.



No comments: