Tuesday, August 16, 2011



Women's Studio Workshop


I've just returned from a fabulous week of

teaching a papermaking class at WSW!

Summer Arts Institute 2011

"Techniques and Possibilities for Sculptural Papermaking".

I really had a wonderful time - it's been 10 years since I'd

been an intern at WSW! Wow - how time flies!



An incredible place to work on printmaking, book arts, letterpress, silkscreen, clay, and of course papermaking!




The studio is run by a group of amazing artists and they have wonderful classes and programs:check them out at: http://www.wsworkshop.org/




Here's a peek at the outdoor cooking area -

those are paper experiments hanging to dry.

With only a week to work - we had to get

the fan out to help dry some things...


Here is some newly pulled paper sheets -

waiting to be adhered to some sculpture forms.


A new sheet of abaca waiting to be pressed.



The new restraint drying system.

There are paper samples all over the press...

Below is some of the class work I'd like to share:

Wonderful (and very hard working!) class that

produced some great work.



They experimented with a wide variety of materials -

as well as fiber-

and had some fabulous results!

















I wanted to throw in some pictures of the

Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts!

Once again - it was such a fun show!

I really enjoyed myself ...

and, I'm looking forward to next year already!









No comments: