Thursday, March 15, 2012


Here is a new journal that I just finished up tonight.
I'll take pics tomorrow and post the finished journal.
The leather is a dark reddish color - and it was once a briefcase. The leather is beautifully worn - one of my more favorite vintage pieces.
I removed all of the original threads - cleaned the leather - the first and last page have a dark purple/brown heavy weight Canson paper. I cut a hole through the very first page - to create a window to view the vintage stamp which I adhered to the second interior page.

I also punched a small round circle in the front cover of the leather - to create a small hole to peek through and see the stamp.

Long stitch binding - with cream colored linen thread.


I worked on these vintage map pillow boxes earlier today. I have a few lime green pillow boxes that I love - and I have been wanting to create boxes and bags out of some of my vintage atlas books. I took apart the pillow box - to use as a template for the design.
I hand cut everything - even used my circle punch to create half circles on the sides of the box!
These were very difficult! All of the lines had to be very precise for the box to close correctly - but, I am happy with the finished design!






No comments: