Thursday, April 26, 2012


Here are a few pics of the paper envelopes that I've been working on...
these will soon be part of my "new" travel journals!

I wanted to created envelopes within the journal to store all of the little goodies you pick up when you travel - ticket stubs, receipts, brochures, business cards, ...ect.
But - I wanted to create them out of vintage atlas pages - 
so, this is my new design. 
Complete with a string tie to secure the top closed!


Lots of colored circles to punch out for the closure.


Lots of cuts and folds - and corners rounded.


The small paper circles have been riveted to the envelope with a string closure - then carefully hand pounded to ensure no sharp edges!



The atlas pages are all from a large vintage French Atlas Book that I rescued from a second hand bookshop in Paris. The pages are heavy weight and filled with color - and really wonderful images!


Next step - tearing down the interior pages for the journal...

No comments: