Tuesday, April 10, 2012


I've just finished up this big journal - I have pictures of the journal in process:
Here I am deciding how I would like the binding design to look -
figuring out the number and size of the brown leather straps -



Lots of straps . . .

This pic is a little out of order - but I wanted to show the paper pre-binding - after I figure out the binding and make my template - I hand punch all of the holes in the signatures.


I finished the front cover -
each section underneath the leather straps have been carefully carved out to adhere the leather to the cover (to make the binding more secure) and then I will hand stitch some stitches onto the leather straps.


Here's a pic of the back of the journal - where I have carved out a small section of the board underneath the straps.



After the straps were secured on the covers - I hand stitched the straps onto both the front and back covers.


The very top and bottom straps have been riveted to the covers.

Close-up shot!

No comments: