Thursday, September 10, 2009

I am in Paris with L!!!!
That's the even more exciting part!
We got here on Tuesday (the flight was actually not so bad)
and I slept for most of the day,
most of yesterday, and a bit more today.
I'm really trying to change my sleeping schedule.
It's so wonderful to be back.
I still can't believe I'm here.
L picked up wonderful pizza from around the corner
on Tuesday evening.
Last night we ate here:
"Le Relais de Venise"
L had been here a few times before.
It's located just north of the Arc de Triomphe
on a little corner. You'll find it by the line that
crowds the entryway. We only had to wait for a few minutes -
but, after we were seated
the line only continued to grow with locals and tourists alike.
The interior is a charming decor and the seating is close to your neighbor.
(And we ended up having a lovely conversation with our neighbors to the left)
The menu is set: (entrecote) steak with french fries
You only need to tell the waitstaff how you would like it cooked.
We picked one of three red wines.
Although, we figured any choice of wines would be a good one.
The meal was served with bread and a small salad.
The main dish was amazing. A plate filled with steak cooked to perfection
and a heaping tower of french fries. (Maybe the best I've ever had).
The steak was covered in a butter sauce which melted in your
mouth around the steak. And, if that wasn't enough, when we finished,
we were served an entire second helping!
The dessert we picked was called a "tulip",
a light pastry shell filled with vanilla ice cream, fruit and whipped cream.
Delightful dessert to finish off the meal.
So, we are gearing up for this weekend with visits to the
local market and visits to the marche aux puces (flea markets)!
I am giddy with anticipation!
We are off to Puces St. Ouen at
Porte de Clingancout. I've never been to this market -
with over 2,000 vendors I can't wait to see what I'll find.
The other flea market Puces de Vanves was great too,
I can't wait to explore!
Anyhow, I'll be busy finding new material for my journals -
I am really excited to start a brand new edition of work.
And, I will be better at updating this blog with lots of pictures!

No comments: